After the Spicy & Sour Fish Head Curry and the Stir-Fried Curried Calms, I am sharing the 3rd Peranakan dish that DinoPapa whipped up on that day. This is my favourite as it has soy bean paste in it~ I simply love the paste, its YUM though salty but still YUM!
Our dish do not have any chillies in it as we need to feed the kids, but I don't think the taste was compromised by omitting them, it still taste as good. The kids love the sauce on their steaming white rice though you have to make sure that you do not put too much less it makes the rice too salty for them to eat.
Stir-fried Chicken with Preserved Soy Bean Paste
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Keywords: stir-fry main chicken Peranakan
* 3 tablespoons cooking oil
* 10 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
* 10cm ginger, peeled and cut into thin strips
* 2 tablespoons preserved soy bean paste (tau cheong)
* 500g chicken breasts, sliced into 0.5cm/ 1/4 inch thick pieces
* 300ml cups water
* 1/2 tablespoons light soy sauce
* 3/4 teaspoon thick soy sauce
* 1 teaspoon sugar
* 1 red chilli, cut into thin strips
* 1 green chilli, cut into thin strips
1. Heat the cooking oil and fry garlic and ginger until fragrant.
2. Add the preserved soy bean paste and fry until oil surfaces.
3. Add the chicken and fry until it changes color. Stir in the water and bring to boil.
4. Add the light and thick soy sauce and season with sugar. Cook until the chicken is done.
5. Add chillies and stir for 2 minutes before transferring to a serving dish.
Powered by Recipage
*** *** ***
Linking up with
Linking up with
~ ~ ~
This linky is for anything that is FOOD related. It could be a restaurant you visited recently, meals you cook with your family or for your family or recipes you wish to share with every one.