This is the last dish I am sharing from the Peranakan feast we had few weeks ago, Deep Fried Sour Prawns. The DinoFamily are a huge fan of prawns, I love to include them in my meal plannings too as they are easy to prepare plus with minimal seasoning they still turn out delicious. This dish was no exceptional, the sourish taste by the tamarind juice enticed our taste bugs and makes us want to eat more of it. Evidently, the prawns that night were not enough to satisfy every one's crave and I might have to cook this dish soon.
Deep-fried Sour Prawns
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Yield: 4 - 8
* 500g large prawns, centre part of shell, feelers and legs removed
* 3 tablespoons thick tamarind juice, extracted from 100g tamarind pulp and 3 tablespoons water
* 1 1/2 teaspoons thick soy sauce
* 1 teaspoon thick soy sauce
* 2 tablespoons sugar
* 500ml cooking oil
* 1 spring onion (scallion) cut into thin strips of 5cm length
* 1 red chilli, cut into thin strips
1. Marinate the prawns in tamarind juice, soy sauce, salt and sugar for 4 hours in the refrigerator.
2. Heat the cooking oil and deep-fry the prawns until cooked.
3. Garnish with spring onion (scallion) and red chilli before serving.
Chef's note : Prawns can be pan-fried with 60ml cooking oil if desired. Fry the prawns for 3 mins, then pour in the marinade and cook until the sauce thickens.
Powered by Recipage
~ ~ ~
This linky is for anything that is FOOD related. It could be a restaurant you visited recently, meals you cook with your family or for your family or recipes you wish to share with every one.