Come celebrate the Year of the Rooster with Ding Yi Music Company at their Happy Chinese New Year Concert 2017. Soak yourself with some Chinese folk songs & tunes with them and get into the joyous festive mood. Better yet, how about enjoying the newly arranged compositions a capella style? This is a performance that is definitely worth looking forward to!
After the well-received Chinese New Year concert in 2016, Ding Yi is honoured to collaborate with the China Cultural Centre once again to present their Happy Chinese New Year Concert 2017 at the China Cultural Centre Theatre.
This is no ordinary concert coz it was initially staged for China’s President Xi Jinping at the state banquet hosted by President Tony Tan in 2015, Ding Yi has extended this year’s concert to the Singaporean public for them to enjoy a similar presidential experience.
Be mesmerized by the soaring vocals of renowned soprano – Zhou Xiao Man, contemporary sounds of home-grown a cappella group The Apex Project; led by Ng Cheeyang, winner of Campus SuperStar, and Ding Yi’s talented soloists Fred Chan and Soh Swee Kiat who will be playing the Cantonese gaohu and traditional sheng respectively.
|The Apex Project|
|Soh Swee Kiat|
Under the baton of Assistant Conductor Dedric Wong, Ding Yi has added some local flavour to classical Chinese folk songs to give Singaporeans a fresh take on the tunes that has accompanied us throughout the years. You are welcomed to waltz with the performers on 12 February 2017, with their Singaporean take on classical Chinese folk songs such as Beating the Long Drum (长鼓敲起来), A Good Day (好日子) and Heavenly Road (天路).
Ding Yi Music Company
Founded in 2007, the first Chinese chamber music ensemble in Singapore, Ding Yi Music Company charms with its distinctive approach to composing and interpreting a wide repertoire that ranges from traditional Chinese music to contemporary and even cross-genre works.
Ding Yi has become an active ambassador of Singapore, performing, collaborating and winning awards at key music festivals locally and internationally. Led by principal conductor Mr Quek Ling Kiong and assistant conductor Mr Dedric Wong, the 20-musician strong ensemble continues to experiment and create more unique sounds from Singapore
|Ding Yi Music Company|
Happy Chinese New Year Concert 2017
欢乐春节 - 新春音乐会 2017
Date : 12 February 2017, Sunday
Time : 3.30pm and 7.30pm
Duration : ~75 Mins (including interval)
Venue : China Cultural Centre Theatre – Level 4
Ticket prices : $25. $15 (Per ticket, for 4 or more)
Ticketing : Sistic
Rating / Age Limit
* No admission for infants in arms and children below 7 years old
* Children 7 years and above must purchase a ticket for entry
* Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance
Photography / Video Recording Rules
No Photography, Video recording and Audio recording is permitted for this event
*** *** *** *** ***
Prize : 2 pair of tickets to Happy Chinese New Year Concert 2017 欢乐春节 - 新春音乐会 2017
Contest Ends : 06 February 2017 @ 2359hrs
Open : Singapore
How to Enter :
1. By using the Rafflecopter widget below and remember to answer the question "Share with us your favourite Chinese New Year song and why you like it so much." by commenting on blog post too.
Terms and conditions of giveaway are as follow:
- To avoid being disqualified without prior notice for the giveaway, please read carefully the following and fulfill ALL the requirements stated.
- Tickets are for either show timing of 3.30pm or 7.30pm, sponsor will let you know upon collection of tickets.
- Sponsor's decision is final on the allocation of show tickets.
- Tickets are non transferable nor exchange for cash.
- Prizes will be given out by sponsor.
- Winners will be notified via email, please ensure you have provided a valid email.
- Winners will have 48 hours to respond by replying to our notification otherwise, a new winner will be picked.
- Only one winner per household.
- This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.